Sunday, December 21, 2008

I AM ENGAGED!!!!
Tyler and I got engaged on Thursday, December 18. We have known since November that we wanted to get married and when so we have actually had the date set for a while, but we were just waiting on one very important part of the whole engagement: the ring!!! So Thursday we decided to do our date night because Friday we were going to the Neil Diamond concert with my family and Saturday we had a family Christmas party to go to and Thursday worked out for the both of us. We had been wanting to go up to Temple Square for a while to look at the lights so I didn't think anything of it when we were going up there. I always said I would know when the night was that I was going to get engaged because I figured I would get a big bouquet of flowers. Well, Thursday, there was no bouquet, so I was certain that was not the night. So we were walking around all the lights but we CRUISED through them so fast that I thought Tyler must have been really cold or he just didn't want to be there anymore. So we got done looking through the lights and went over by the reflection ponds. There wasnt a whole lot to look at over in that area but we spent most of our time there. I knew something must have been up when we circled a particular spot twice. ( Come to find out, he chickend out the first time, so we had to walk around again!!) So we came back to the spot and he was saying all the cute lovey, mushy stuff. Tyler is one that likes to "punk" people, especially me, so I was thinking to myself please dont kneel down and say you have to tie your shoe. Well, he fumbled in his pocket for a special something and knelt down on one knee. My legs were just shaking!!! Then he asked if I would marry him and of course I said YES!!! I am so happy to be engaged to Tyler. He is everything I could ever hope and pray for in a husband and person. We can't wait to start on this new adventure and are excited to spend eternity together. We will be getting married on February 20, 2009!!
I love you babe.
Temple Square after the engagement

A picture of us and the ring... the picture doesn't even give the ring justice!!!

10 comments:

Bradyn, Cindy, Peyton and Houston said...

Sorry I didn't say anything to you on Friday. If I had known I would have interupted you at work.

Bradyn, Cindy, Peyton and Houston said...

Congratulations by the way!!!!

Hadley, Haylee, Preslie & Colter said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you and Tyler. Love you guys!!

Shanna said...

Congradts! that is awesome! I hope yuo dont mind I found ya off haylee's blog.

The Bennett's said...

Congrat's Whit, I'm so excited for the two of you!!

The Dumas Family said...

Congratulations Whit! We are so excited for you guys. Jessie told me yesterday and said you have the whole thing planned already. You're so on top of it. Congratulations!!!!

Kim and Chet said...

Oh my GOSH!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you and Feb 20th is an AWESOME date...we got married on Feb 19th :) It's a good month to get married!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations... You guys sure make a cute couple. :)

Heidi Madsen said...

hey gal! this is Heidi (Farnsworth) from good old RHS. my parents (Brian & Nickie) are in your ward. I think you came to my wedding reception. Anyway, I saw your announcement at their house. You look so happy and you guys are a dang cut couple! I am assuming you are married by now, you need to post some pictures of the big day. I hope you don't mind I found your blog through Kellie P. My blog is private but if you email me at heidianne820@hotmail.com i'll invite you as a viewer! hope you're doing well!

Kim and Chet said...

Congrats on the wedding. Sorry we missed it. I was sitting in the hospital with a brand new baby :) I heard it was beautiful though!